Auto Service Marketing Texas Using The DMV Direct Mail Mailing List. That delivers high income, fine car customers only.
That’s right! If you own an auto repair shop in Texas, you no longer have to seek customers using the antiquated, disappointing method of increased – unsorted – car count that delivers mostly low income, “Cheap Oil Change Only” customers.
There is nothing more exciting than to see the right car, with the right customer pulling into your shop. On the other hand… There is nothing more disheartening than to see the wrong car with the wrong customer coming through your door. What’s the difference? The amount of money you make – or lose.
YOU CAN’T MAKE ORANGE JUICE OUT OF ONIONS. SO WHY DO YOU KEEP SENDING YOUR AUTO SERVICE MARKETING DIRECT MAIL POSTCARDS TO ONIONS?
- Unsorted car count means you are sending out cards to everybody.
- Having absolutely no idea of what kind of car or income level will come in!
- Why shoot for everybody?
- Why settle for high percentages of low income customers.
- Why would you want to bring in low income customers at all?
- You know. Cheap oil change only. No additional sale customers.
- No profit customers that you have to weed out using your highly paid staff.
- Customers that can cost you $20 to $40 each – in wasted staff time.
- Customers who will not come back as loyal, full price customers.
- Because they can’t afford to pay full price.
- Why not eliminate the penny-pinchers altogether?
- Why go through the wasted time and disappointing, lowered RO averages?
- When you can select the exact cars you make the most money on.
- Cars that you know - just by the very nature of the car’s make, model and year – will have a car owner who loves their car.
- A car owner who is willing to spend the money to keep that car running to perfection.
You need to be sending your direct mail postcards to ORANGES ONLY! This is what I call, “FLIPPING YOUR CUSTOMER BASE”. By eliminating the cheap customers and attracting only the fine car high income customers, your profits begin to soar all by themselves. Just because the right customer came through your door, with the right car.
Auto Repair Advertising That Increases Customer Loyalty
How To Get A First Time Customer To Return As A Full Price Customer -OR-
How Not To Miss The One Most Overlooked Factor Required For Customer Loyalty That Only Good Auto Repair Advertising Can Solve.
Your Auto Repair Advertising Makes This Choice For You. Is your automotive direct mail bringing in primarily high or low income customers? Your income will be decided by the direct mail marketing you choose.
Auto Repair Customer Loyalty Comes From 3 Basic Things
1) You treat the customer like royalty.
2) You service their car like it just came back from the factory.
3) BUT THIS POINT IS THE BIG ONE! The customer has purchased a car he loves. Because he loves it, he is willing to take good care of it on a regular basis. And he has enough money to come back to you and pay full price for your services. This is the only way to make good money. This is when your auto repair advertising delivers the Prime Customer and the profits that go along with such customers.
But Here Is The Weird Part?? #3 Is Completely Overlooked. Completely overlooked because we start thinking about customer loyalty at the wrong moment. We think about it only after we have purchased and sent out our cheap auto repair advertising direct mail program. Then we complain that we get only low income customers who will not come back at full price. And – you make no money on them during the first visit either.
Most auto repair shop owners think that once they get a new customer in they will win them back with their great service and customer care. This is a complete fallacy. This is true only for fine car high income customers. They are the only ones who can afford to come back and pay full price. And – you’ll make more money on them during their first visit as well!!
Assuming you do treat your customers right – There Is One More Factor Far More Important Than Great Service And Customer Care. THE CAR THE CUSTOMER DRIVES AND THE CUSTOMER’S INCOME LEVEL.
Without high income the customer will drop you like a wet leaf. Then head off to the next shop that sends them a great coupon so they can save money.
- ONLY THE HIGH INCOME CUSTOMER CAN AFFORD TO BE LOYAL!
- Only the high income customer has the money to come back to you and pay full price.
- Only the fine car high income customer should be the target when you are advertising your auto repair shop through direct mail marketing.
- You are not Walmart – who can actually make money on low income customers due to massive volume. They do it through limited, simple auto repair services using low paid mechanics. And they sell stuff in the store while the customer is waiting. Plus, they do their advertising for the auto repair shop using TV, internet and print ads that you can’t afford to do.
- You however are a full bore auto repair shop, with highly paid, highly qualified staff. You absolutely must have high income customers to make a good income.
- You must start using a auto repair direct mail advertising that will bring in high income customers only. That is – if you want to increase your income – not just your car count.
- How do you reach such a customer? Through properly targeted and perfectly designed auto repair advertising direct mail.
THAT IS WHY ALL TALK ABOUT CAR COUNT ALONE IS UTTERLY MEANINGLESS!! Low RO average work may keep the lights on, but will never reach your income goals. Are you at the $1 million mark yet? The overwhelming majority of auto repair shops are not. Why Not? Not enough fine car high income customers.
Automotive Repair Marketing For Higher Profits
Automotive Repair Marketing that brings in the high income fine car money customers makes everybody in the shop a happy camper.
Automotive repair marketing is a cutthroat, competitive business. I can remember back 20 to 25 years ago, before auto repair became so highly technical. I remember how my automotive repair marketing clients would complain…
But the big questions might be – does most automotive repair marketing work or not?
Automotive Service Marketing Is All About Beating Your Competition
If automotive service marketing is all about beating your competition, you must first ask this question – What Are We Competing For?
Great Automotive Service Marketing attracts fine car high income car owners who are willing and able to pay well for your services.
If the purpose of your automotive service marketing direct mail is to increase your profits, (and that is the only purpose for automotive service marketing) then the answer to this question is quite simple. You are competing for The Fine Car High Income Customer. Why?
Because they are the only customers who have the money - to say yes – when you are making your “Services Needed” presentation. AKA the up-sale.
However 80% to 90% of all automotive service marketing falls into the category of “Cheap, Fast and Easy” automotive service marketing direct mail.
What is Cheap, Fast and Easy automotive service marketing direct mail?
1) You call the automotive service marketing company.
2) They throw a photo of your shop, a car, several more stock photos on a postcard.
3) They add a snappy headline like “Car Problems?” “Need Auto Service?” or “Car Troubles?”. Compelling!?
4) Then they slather it with 4 to 8 cheap coupon offers (that you will be paying for).
5) They print it quick and saturate some carrier routes with it. (Which is a mediocre method of income targeting).
6) All you have to do now is wait for the low income (oil change only) customers to bring in the coupons. And hope you get a few high income customers in the mix.
Do you sometimes feel that your auto service marketing is bringing in nothing but low income customers. Find out how to sell auto service to high income customers.
Most auto service shop owners and most auto service marketing providers think that selling auto service starts at the front counter. It does not. It starts with who walks through your door. How to sell auto service for higher profit? You start with auto service marketing that attracts the high income fine car money customer.
I don’t care how many customers you have standing at your front counter. If most of them are low income customers you’ve lost the battle even before you get started.
You can have the most beautiful auto service shop in the neighborhood. You can be diligent and work hard all day. You can hone your sales techniques and strive for the up-sale. You can be the most friendly and persuasive auto service writer in the world. But all you will hear is the word “NO”. Because you are trying to sell people with no money, work that costs a lot of money. You can’t make the sale if the person you are talking to has no money.